Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

App won't close when used from the USB stick

xpander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: App won't close when used from the USB stick Reply with quote

I have tested running Wavosaur from the USB stick. I got few crashes while trying to open audio files from the host PC, but nothing clearly constant to report with that.

However, most of the times when I try to exit Wavosaur, the screen simply hangs on...or seems to close, but the application is still running if you check the task manager. This becomes apparent when you try to remove the stick "safely" and the PC starts to nag about it.

Tested with Wavosaur version 1.0.3.0 on two PCs, both running Win XP Pro.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report,
i can't reproduce that on my system,
i'll tell the main dev about this, for the moment i have no idea but we are going to investigate!
maxb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think temporary file when recording is saved where the program are, and you run out of diskspace pretty soon, if your usb-stick is not big enough.

Could be a reason...
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Wavosaur.1.0.3.0 with my computers and my USB flash disks: well I didn't observe crash. Just a thing, wavosaur writes data on the application directory at the end of session: it is the case for ini file, and it depends of the system, it could take few seconds.

We have planed to place a path for temporary files and another one for recording files to avoid these types of problem. But selecting this option, datas will be on the host and not on the flash disk.
http://www.wavosaur.com
xpander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavosaur Main Developer wrote:
Just a thing, wavosaur writes data on the application directory at the end of session: it is the case for ini file, and it depends of the system, it could take few seconds.

On both of those (old!) PCs I simply couldn't remove the stick safely if not closing the app also from the task manager... I'd figure at least 30 seconds or so after actually closing the app screen itself.

Also, I didn't write/save any audio to anywhere, just opened and closed couple of short test audio files residing on HD, simply to see how this all works from the USB stick. Mind you, the files themself would play/edit just fine while opened on editor, no problems handling the stuff in there.

At one occasion I just opened the Wavosaur and then closed it, not opening anything on it, not touching anything, and it hanged on closing just the same. But all this would not happen every single time, more like a random occurence.

Nevertheless, now I have tried this very same USB stick on a brand new laptop here and can't reproduce the problem anymore, no matter how many times I have tried.

Something system/hardware/who-knows-what dependant then, maybe. User error, definitely not. Wink

Wavosaur Main Developer wrote:
We have planed to place a path for temporary files and another one for recording files to avoid these types of problem. But selecting this option, datas will be on the host and not on the flash disk.

This might be good...although I would prefer user defined paths as an option also, but that might be just me. Anyways, thanks for looking into this mysterious problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :