Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could the song be recorded without mike

jraju

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Could the song be recorded without mike Reply with quote

Hi,
Wavosaur is a boon to music lovers, who want to remove the song music and play karoke.
If suppose, an audio is removed using this tool, recording is explained briefly by selecting the karoka songs and press record button and stop when you want to stop the record.
Could the record be done without mike is my question. Because, i tried without mike and the output is only the karoke music. No insertion of vocal voice after recording.
FordMustang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is mike ?
jraju

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I mean the mike, the instrument thro which you could record.
Stephen@33570

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you want to record a karaoke track with you singing along- and you want to keep the karaoke on one track and your vocal on a different (second) track to be able to make post record adjustments to each.
Play the karaoke track on an external player. Use a "stereo" RCA female(s) that combines the stereo line outs from the player, or mini stereo headphone jack, to a single RCA male out. This will be used as a "mono" input to your computers stereo line in Right. Get an adapter for your microphones cable( 1/4" phono or XLR ) > RCA male. This will be used as a "mono" input to your computers stereo line in Left.
Get an adapter for a mini stereo male jack that splits the 2 lines to a pair of RCA female connectors. Your microphone and Karaoke RCA males connect to these females. Now you can record in "stereo" with wavosaur. Karaoke will be on the Right track and you Microphone on the left track. It is worth having the adapters on hand for other unforeseen uses, and this method eliminates the problem/trouble copy pasting separate mono tracks to a single stereo file AND getting them synchronized .
Another method is to select "one track recording" in Wavosaur. The options are under "process" > "convert to mono"> then use the "left only" and "right" only options. In a new stereo file record the karaoke to one track ( lets say right). Go back to "process and select left only. Now record the vocal on the left track of the stereo file. There is supposed to be a way to PLAY the first track while RECORDING the second vocal track, but i have not been able to find out how. I would try playing the karaoke thru headphones from the same player you used to line out to the computer. Sing along with that while recording the vocal in "left channel only" mode. Last you'll have to add/remove silence ("tools> remove silence") to get the 2 tracks in sync. "snap to" may be a sync tool, but the description does not mention it.
jraju

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I get reply after 2 years. please see the date. Anyhow thanks for the reply. I had used the prior version of wavosur. I have to try the new version to try.
The problem is killing the music in old songs, which is not that much easy. Those are recorded by monomode, which is very difficult to extract the music from vocal.
Gail Odell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Could the song be recorded without mike Reply with quote

I was to supposed to ask the same thing but anyway, answers are here though. Thanks for the thread jraju. I also saw this old thread for getting started recording with wavesaur: https://www.wavosaur.com/forum/getting-started-recording-with-wavosaur-t808.html
jraju

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I find this forum very strange.
Your query is being heard after gap of years. I forgot the issue totally. I think that this forum lack moderator to give its life. I could not reproduce the issue first.
I have changed all hardware and changed OS, there by deleting all the applications including wavosur.
If this forum , is not hearing to users, then i am afraid that it is not at all helpful.
Thanks any way for reply. My query is simple, old songs are recorded in mono mode there by making it difficult to kill the vocal
Erinn Lilienthal

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordMustang wrote:
who is mike ?

LOL that made me laugh.Like seriously. (holds on a chair) Laughing
Erinn Lilienthal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofc you can record without the mic lol
Erinn Lilienthal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funnier than I have expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :