Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huge samplerate problem when using asio

easymode

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Huge samplerate problem when using asio Reply with quote

hi

Im using latest 1.0.2.0, and while everything is almost perfect now, theres still a problem with the audio engine.
When I use directsound, I have to use large buffers when reading to have a clean sound.
When I use asio, theres no problem while reading, but when i record (and then play, of course), it plays as it was a 48.000 hz sample (its pitched up).

Of course asio is configured properly (@ 44), wavosaur confirms, in the status bar, that it's a 44khz sample, but still, it plays too fast (like internally, it "sees" it as a 48k sample).
If I save the sample and open it in any media player, theres no problem, its a 44 sample, and played properly, at the right pitch.

I use an Audigy 1 with kx drivers 35.34 (resampling at 44).
Theres no problem with any other app, and there was no problem either, in previous Wavosaur versions.

thanks
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello easymode,

That's weird, are you sure you can't replicate the bug with previous version of Wavosaur ?
easymode

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Hello easymode,

That's weird, are you sure you can't replicate the bug with previous version of Wavosaur ?

I never encountered this problem before, but i can check if i manage to find an old version.
Ive tried further, and it actually happens with any sample, not only when recorded in Wavosaur.
BUT, if I select 48000hz in wavosaur as output frequency, then its all correct, both when recording and/or just playing.
I confirm again, that my kx drivers are set to 44khz, and that no other app has this problem.
I mean I have no other audio app with asio support. But when i say, export a wav from FLStudio, open it in foobar, it confirms its a 44khz sample etc...
easymode

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for some support or something.
Thanks.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to some old version, tell me if the samplerate problem happens in all

http://www.wavosaur.com/download/wavosaur-exe-archive.rar
easymode

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad, it's all good, sorry
I was using a portable app not allowed to change windows registry, so this app was the only one to use 44khz, while on windows it was still set @ 48khz.
I solved this using another app which could access the asio control panel.

Btw, don't you think Wavosaur should be able to access it as well ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :