Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial Audio Configuration

butterDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Initial Audio Configuration Reply with quote

Hi there waveosaurs! I am just beginning to use Wavosaur so I appreciate everyones help. Very Happy

When I select the input for incoming audio in the "Audio in" tab, my soundcard is not listed - only my mics.

So waveosaur is recording the sound that is coming through the built-in mic on my monitor and all of the extra noise that comes along with it!

My OS in Vista Ultimate. Does anyone know how to get my soundcard listed on the "Audio in" tab?

thanks!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello butterDog
Can you give us more details : what is the soundcard and what kind of hardware it is : PCI, Firewire, USB, or internal soundcard.
I think you want to record from the "Line in" input. Or maybe record the soundcard output.
And welcome to the forum!
butterDog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Rex!

I believe I have an internal soundcard:
RealTec HD Audio Manager

Audio version driver 6.0.1.5414
DirectX Version: 10.0
Audio Controller: HD Audio
Audio Codec: ALC888

I also have a "High Defintion Audio Device" listed under my Sound, video and game controller section in Control Panel -> Device Manager
but I do not see any details for this device.

You are correct - I DO want to record from the soundcard output, but I do not see an option for it.

My Wavosaur Audio In options are:
Line 1 (Live! Cam Virtual)
Mic 1 (Live! Cam Virtual)
Microphone (3- Monitor Integra)

I've tried them all and no luck recording from the soundcard yet. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
butterDog
[/img]
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the first time that we have this case : recording from the soundcard output give some troubles, as every soundcards seem to handle this differently

here's a sample of an email sent by one of our user who have solved the same kind of problem :

Quote:
My system uses the
SoundMax Digital Audio card that came with my Dell computer (Win.XP Home)
I should have looked at the >control panel >sounds and audio devices>audio>sound recording>
volume>recording control> and select the proper input source ( from CDPlayer to Wave Out Mix)

Maybe you have to select from "mic input" to "Wave out" in some kind of "mixer control" provided by your soundcard drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :