Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Normalize is incorrect

audiogeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Normalize is incorrect Reply with quote

I am trying to use the normalize feature and am confused as to why the results are not the same when you use CUSTOM vesrus the preset -1db

Example

Normalize a HOT file to the preset of -1db and watch it go way down - then do the CUSTOM normalize set to -1 and watch it get louder.

They should be the same. They are different. One of them isn't right.

It seems the amounts are not accurate. I tried with 1 and 1.0 but nothing matches the -1db preset - why is that?

Is normalze accurate in wavosaur?

Also - there is no option to do a custom amount for NORMALIZE in the BATCH operation. Just 0 , -0.3, -1 and -6db

Plus while I am at it - in the batch when you pick SOURCE and DESTINATION it goes back to the path of \Computer and forces you to browse into the folders which in my cases are FAR AWAY from root requiring 6 or more clicks for SOURCE and 6 or more for DESTINATION.

I understand this is not a commercial product but that endless navigation takes away from the benefit of having BATCH in the first place.

Thanks

Sad
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems we have made a mistake in the normalize preset menu.
we wrote -1dB but actually it's -3 dB

we're gonna fix that, and we'll have a look at the batch processor too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :