Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about vst controls

raygrote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: question about vst controls Reply with quote

Hi,
I am a newbe with wavosaur so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. Also I am visually impaired so only use the keyboard.

The problem I have applies to one vst plugin that I have but I'm sure there are others which have the same senario but I haven't tested them yet. I am trying to use a VST plugin with wavosaur, specifically acon digital media studio modulator for those of you who have it.
I could solve this problem by going into the standard interface of the plugin, but I am wondering if there's a way to do it within wavosaur's interface because it is much easier for me.
In the peramitor list, there are several peramitors like modulation depth and frequency which are just numbers. These are no problem. I can just adjust the slider and get what I want. But another peramitor, mode, adjusts the type of modulation, either flanger, phaser, and chorus. I know from playing with the presets that one side is chorus, the other side is phaser, and the middle is flanger but I can't adjust the slider. All I can do is press home and end and choose between phaser and chorus. I cannot move the slider by any other means. I even had a sighted person look at it and we had no luck. The slider will simply not move to the middle position.
As I said I can go to the GUI of the plugin but if there's a way to do it without bothering with that, please let me know.
Any help is appreciated!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Is there a demo or free version of the plugin for download so we can test ?

The problem can originate from the default interface we provide or from the plugin.

Don't hesitate to test the plugin with another host that can provide a default interface for parameters (like Xlutop Chainer)
raygrote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website is:
acondigital.com
As I say, this may not be with just these plugins only. I will check out some other hosts with their own interfaces like the one mentioned here later and report back.
The thing I like about wavosaur is that it shows you the plugin's values. For example, a peramitor has a range of 0.1 to 10, and as you change the value in Wavosaur, the value moves through that range. With Audacity 1.2.6 at least, every peramitor of every VST plugin had a range of 0.0 to 1.0.
Also a little off topic, but a vst-related feature request. For me at least, when I want to preview in realtime, the easiest way for me is to go to tools, vst, and check the processing option, then start the file playing, go to tools, vst, vst rack and load my vst and everything while the file is still playing and looping. I was wondering if their could be a preview button in the vst rack dialog so you could preview in realtime when you want to hear something in realtime, pressing alt p to start the preview and alt s to stop it. Just a suggestion. Perhaps there is an easier way already?
Thanks.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found a link to the plugin dll for studio modulator, only exe files.
But i know some plugins that exhibit that behaviour with some parameters (often a on/off) i think this can be solved, we'll have a look a that.

About the realtime preview :

i think we should add a keyboard shortcut for the processing on/off, because for the moment the checkbox can be accessed quickly with the mouse but it's longer with the keyboard.
Don't forget that the "realtime preview" works as a on/off latch (bascule?) it is active as long as you don't "uncheck" it or use "apply VST that automatically uncheck the preview mode
raygrote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
After a long absense to the forums due to laziness, I am back with an example of the problem I described way back when I started this topic. Here is a link to the strangest vst effects I've ever seen yet.
http://www.pitchtech.ch/Plugins/PitchTechPlugins.zip
These vsts require java to work.
Most of these work beautifully in Wavosaur, with the exception of the robotizer. I don't really intend on using this effect much, but it is a perfect example of the problem I'm having. In most of the plugins, you can adjust every slider, even the quality ones will change with the page up and down keys, but the mode slider in the robotizer effect won't budge, no matter what you do with it.
I'm not trying to be stubborn here by repeatedly saying this doesn't work, that doesn't work, just trying to help this awesome program become more accessible to us.
Thanks for the effort!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> VST plugins talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :