Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording input

Graham

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Recording input Reply with quote

I'm a newbie too - glad to join you all. So far, I find that when I open configuration, I am only offered microphone recording, but I mostly want to record streaming audio. I have not spotted any means for selecting the soundcard. Other software that I have used selects it automatically.

All suggestions welcome.

Graham
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since windows vista / 7 it has become a big pain in the ass to record the soundcard output

here's some tips :

http://blog.wavosaur.com/record-what-you-hear-in-audio-output/
Stephen@33570

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: recording audio stream Reply with quote

send the audio source to your computer's line in. If you don't have line in use microphone in. I have been unable to record something I play on my computer- like an Mp3 file. So I use a second computer to play the file and use the second computer's line out to my computer's line in. Added benefit, especially in XP, is the advanced sound control panel. It makes it easy to adjust input levels going to the recording computer's input to wavosaur's record. Makes recording off youtube a breeze. Stop. pause, play, navigate the play start point, etc are all done with the second computer, so Wavosaur stays up on the recording computer and you can use the Wavosaur Vu meters to instantly see the changes made with the 2nd computers sound control panel. You could use any CD player, Mp3 player, home stereo line out, cassette player line out- just send it to your computer's line in. I have not tried it, but you may be able to run your computer's line out to your computer's line in with a cable that has mini stereo jack both ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Recording limit? (29-Nov-2009)
Recording help (17-Dec-2008)
'Recording' indicator (26-Sep-2010)
Recording Level (07-Aug-2007)
Recording from YouTube (19-Feb-2014)