Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would like "difference" between two wav files

PirateJim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Would like "difference" between two wav files Reply with quote

I've got two CDs, one is a "normal" CD with music and vocals, the other is without the vocal track. They appear to be in perfect time, I've managed to convert both CDs to mono, create a new track in stereo, and have the track with vocals on the left, and the one without on the right.

What I really want to do is have the backing track in the right, and JUST the vocals in the left.

Is it possible to do this with wavosaur?

Cheers,
Jim
poivre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible, i managed to do the same manupiulation, i can't remember, but i'"ll investigate
PirateJim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poivre wrote:
It is possible, i managed to do the same manupiulation, i can't remember, but i'"ll investigate

Oh, that's great, thanks for that.

Jim
xpander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the mono track with the vocals and the one without. Align the tracks so that they are perfectly in time. Invert the phase of either one of these tracks. Once inverted, backing instruments will disappear and only the difference, ie.vocals will remain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :