Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mp3 Settings ?

marccunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Mp3 Settings ? Reply with quote

Hello:

Streamosaur works great!

However, there seems to be no way to change the Mp3 settings - Sample Rate, Sample Size and Bit Rate.

I see that KataMoto asked about the Bit Rate setting already, and you indicated that you might be able to do that in the next release.

Please try to have some way to change ALL the Mp3 settings in the next release.

Mp3 is so versatile because of its settings, it is important to be able to change them all, to suit the recording use.

Also, could you please clarify how to install the LAME encoder?

First, I created the folder C:/Program Files/Streamosaur.

Then I unzipped the Streamosaur EXE and the DLLs (LAME, OGG and WavePack) into that folder.

However, I could not adjust any of the Mp3 settings when I opened the Streamosaur EXE file (which is why I came to this forum), and I could not adjust the Wave settings, and there were no OGG settings.

Thus, I think I did something wrong about creating the folder and unzipping the files.

Thanks for your great Streamosaur.

I will be happy to support your work!

marccunn
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We'll release a new version of streamosaur with user configurable mp3 settings.

about the installation of Lame encoder, you just have to copy the dll file next to the streamosaur executable ,and restart streamosaur, then you should be able to save as mp3
e_xit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mp3 bitrate can be changed using a text editor (notepad etc). Open streamosaur.ini (this file gets created after you first run streamosaur) and change mp3 bitrate to whatever you want. I set mine to 256 and it works great.
jis40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !
Sorry but can anyone explain step by step how to do this because I can not get the handling to save MP3 ... Crying or Very sad Bang to the beat drum
Thank you all. Okayyyyyy
synaptic flow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messing with the ini file has stopped working correctly for me. I have done it correctly but my setting of 320kbps defaults to 128kbps when I launch Streamosaur. I can't understand it.

It got me so irritated today that I started using Streamosaur to write as WAV files instead. I'm going to look into some alternate programs. Of course I can't be very demanding as this program is free after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Streamosaur All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :