Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem launching Streamosaur

scribbler65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Problem launching Streamosaur Reply with quote

I seem to have run into a probelm of late when I try to run Streamosaur. I keep getting a grey popup message panel telling me the following..

" Unable to open driver in.."

..and that's all..no actually info on where the problem lies of what driver it's referring to!

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, along with the audio drivers into the Streamosaur dirctory, but no joy..it still will not run.

The program opens OK..but it doesn't detect any sound and the MP3 button remains grey and can't be chosen.

Any advice on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Dan (scribbler65)
poivre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you on Windows 7 ?
scribbler65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Poivre.

No..I'm running XP SP3. I don't understand this, as it was running fine for ages and now just stopped. Its acting like it did when I first installed it on my PC..meaning it wasn't set up to work with MP3s..but I followed the outlines on the main site on how to set it up, just like I did originally..but it just won't work this time round.

Any advice would be great.
ChairmanOfTheBored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on XP SP3 and reproduced the grey popup by changing "Device Id" in streamosaur.ini to anything other than 0. If yours is already set to 0, try some other number.

When extracting the LAME zip file it makes a folder named lame_enc.dll. The actual .dll inside that folder needs to be taken out and placed in the same folder as Streamosaur.1.0.0.1.exe.

LAME info
Name:
lame_enc.dll

size:
162,304 bytes

md5:
3c0ac9f753dd0c4ad3d46f5f6aa36aa9

streamosaur.ini settings
[General]
Device Id=0
File name=C:\Song001.mp3
MP3=0
MP3 bit rate=128
[Calibrate]
Left=0.000000
Right=0.000000
scribbler65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, ChairmanOfTheBored..it did manage to un-grey the mp3 button..but it still isn't picking up any audio and doesn't work. I checked the encoder file and iti s ok too, so I am at a total loss as to why it doesn't work still.

It's a real shame, but I think it's time to move onto another recorder other than this one, as there is no point trying to get this to work anymore..and there doesn't seem to be any other support offered, other than this forum..and I REALLY need to move on with the project I am working on.

SO much for the free options..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Streamosaur All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1