Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Db analyse between marker point

Mario van Etten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Db analyse between marker point Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm Mario from the Netherlands and i'm doing a Analye of a piece of music, And i have this problem that i need the db values. Of every note in the piece but there are 617. i already placed 617 maker to get duration etc etc.

I need the Db values between the marker. Is there a function for it?
it would definetly speed up the proces.

Greetings

P.S. Thanks for the great software!
xpander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are up to quite a task!

The easiest method I can think of is simply painting with the mouse the area of the wave that you want to analyze and then choose Tools-Statistics. You can trim the edges of your selection by simply dragging them with your mouse, for example to line up exactly with your markers. You can also export the displayed statistics data as a text file.

All of this only 617 times. Then you'd probably want to merge all the text files into one big file for your study?

While not wanting to be a doubting Thomas, I still wonder what use would you get from the specs of all these individual notes? Their peak values will total to the average peak value of the whole clip, likewise for the lowest levels. I can kinda understand comparing for example softer and louder sections...assuming that you have dynamic enough recording to have much of a difference there either.
Anyways, good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :