Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drive use, directories, file locations

idlerwheel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Drive use, directories, file locations Reply with quote

I dragged an 18 minute .wav file into Wavasour yesterday. My hard disk churned for a very long time, more than 6 minutes. I guessed that the program was generating some sort of huge work file. When I returned to the machine, I found the material on screen.

Deleting two minutes at the beginning of the 18 minutes produced more intensive disk churning.

I would like to know what my drive was doing during both of these operations, and it's very important that I know where this work file (or files) are stored so that I can delete tham when they're no longer needed.

Can someone please tell me what this activity was about and where these files were stashed.
So far, I haven't seen this subject covered in any documentation. I'm pretty new, so perhaps I haven't looked in the right place.

TIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1