Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i adjust the recording volume input

Strini

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: How do i adjust the recording volume input Reply with quote

Hi I am running a tape deck via RCA cable to jack into the mic in my laptop but for some reason when i hit the record button it is recording at full volume hence lots of distortion on playback. How do i or is there a volume adjust for the input via the mic recording? Sad
poivre

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the record level should be set before the application that records.
no ?
Strini

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: How do i adjust the recording volume input Reply with quote

I agree but is the recording volume in the control panel the only volume control that can be used? Does Wavosaur not have an input recording volume that can be adjusted?
xpander

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rec level in Wavosaur would control the input level from your audio interface, but can't affect what is happening before that.

To me it seems that you are trying to use wrong input. Mic inputs are not for line level signals, for that they are usually way too sensitive and will overload/distort easily. In many digital devices this problem is just more confusing because the level adjustments (and metering) will show already digitized signal and you might well be able to lower that, but it will be distorted nevertheless, since the overloading is already happening at the analog (input) stage.

Your best bet is to use line level input, if your computer has one. Or then attenuate the signal before it even hits the computer. You don't want to lower the level too much, so as not to loose too much signal to noise, but not blast your input too hard either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1