Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make a song sound like another

carryoutkyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: How to make a song sound like another Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to know how to take features of one track and apply them to another. There is a song which has been speed up on a radio station and I think there might also be some reduced bass. I have attempted to speed up my version of the track so that it sounds exactly like the radio version however I can't get it to sound the way I want. As I am so used to the radio version any other version does not sound right to me on my or any other MP3 player.

I have recorded the radio version and I would like to apply these settings to my version of the track. Do you know how I can achieve this? Apparently I might need a multi-band compressor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you
FordMustang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is crazy Shocked
it can't be possible Question

i think it's science fiction Sad
xpander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiband compressors are not the magic cure for anything.

Sped up tracks? How have you tried to speed up your tracks? Sampling and then pitching up (eg playing in higher keys) is a classic way to get busy while automatically loosing some lower frequencies in the process.

Using EQ to cut low end will help too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1