Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rec Recover v 1.0.0.3

Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Rec Recover v 1.0.0.3 Reply with quote

Hello,

We propose a new tool for download :

REC RECOVER

http://www.wavosaur.com/download/recrecover/RecRecover.1.0.0.3.zip

This tool allow you to convert .rec files to .wav files.
When you record with Wavosaur, a .rec file is created.

- if you have a problem with Wavosaur (unable to open the recorded sound because it lasted too long, or a crash)

- or if you change your mind after not saving a record, but you want to recover it after Wavosaur is closed

use Rec Recover :

- start rec recover.exe
- locate the .rec file and load it
- choose a destination file name
- click "compute" and wait for the "done"

your file is recovered in wav format.
John-H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had the problem with a 1.5 hour recording that comes up with the error on saving and leaves a ~filename.rec file behind.

I've tried the above recovery tool and it says "done" and creates a wav file - so far so good.

When I try opening the wav file with Wavosaur it opens in a blank child window (no sound visible) and will not play.

Interestingly the rec and wav files have the padlock file icon in the file dialogue box of Wavosaur but Windows Explorer can NOT see these files, despite having hidden and system files set to visible as default. It's as if the file created has special permissions making it only visible to Wavosaur.

If I try copying the wav file by right clicking in the Wavosaur file open dialogue, "copy" and try pasting it into another folder in Windows Eplorer or onto the Windows Desktop, Windows reports "Could not find this item" and the paste operation fails.

This is as if the fie does not exist but Wavosaur is the only application that thinks it does.

If I run Wavosaur as administrator and I click File, Open on the menu, NO files are visible in the dialogue.

This is very strange behaviour and seems to suggest a permissions problem - are you able to explain and suggest a solution please?
poivre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should use a wav splitter on the wav file you obtained after rec recover.
John-H

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I open them if only Wavosaur can see them?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-H wrote:
How can I open them if only Wavosaur can see them?

use "rec recover" to convert the rec file to wav, then use a "wav splitter" as poivre said, for splitting the large file into two or more smaller wav files
then you can open them in Wavosaur
John-H

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point was that only Wavosaur and the recovey application could see these files - even the wav. Windows Explorer, Media player etc think the folder is empty - and yes I have got hidden files set to be visible in Explorer. It seems to be a file permissions problem. I presume a third party wav splitter would also therefore not see the files.

I've solved the problem by removing Wavosaur and re-installing it on my D: drive not C:. I find now that I can record the large file straight with no issues. I also made sure I downloaded the 64 bit version - I later thought I may have had the 32 bit version by mistake but I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1