Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavosaur Application has encountered a problem...

L&HSounds

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Wavosaur Application has encountered a problem... Reply with quote

and needs to close Windows XP dialogue box when scanning for VST's.

Hi all,
First time posting here. Have used Wavosaur extensively because of the VST friendliness but then a couple weeks back it stopped "seeing" the VST's I usually put in my chains. Scanning the folder where I know they exist gets me this annoying error box and then Wavosaur closes. I haven't added anything new for quite some time and it was working fine. I wish I could give more info but I don't really know what I could add here and I'm stumped. This is a XP box SP3 installed with 2GB RAM. I read somewhere that if the page file is fragmented and full that some copy/mix functions in my sound tools can cause a fault like this but I tried clearing it and clearing any temp cache to no avail. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks.
The more they stay the same.
L&HSounds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Error Fixed Reply with quote

Well, after some thought I decided to move all of the plugins into a new folder and then rescanned. As it should wavosaur found 0 plugins in the folder. I then moved every last one of them back in, one at a time, and rescanned. Wavosaur sees all of my plugins again and no more annoying error messages Okayyyyyy. Really strange but all of the plugins that were previously in the folder are back in the folder but the problem goes away. Bizarre to say the least...
L&HSounds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: hold up... Reply with quote

Ok, this really bugged me. Problems do not go away by themselves so I did a little more digging around. I loaded and killed each plugin and did a rescan. Problem is back. After an exhaustive file movement approach to this I have discovered the issue lies with Acon Digital Media's Effects Chainer. It wouldn't load when I tried to add it and then scans made afterwords resulted in the error message and Wavosaur closing. I don't know why this is a problem although I never used this for Wavosaur but for another audio tool that pulls from the same folder. I didn't immediately find any info regarding this but a heads up to all that you might not want to use this plugin but come to think of it Wavosaur has a really nice built in effects rack so an additional chainer might be over kill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> VST plugins talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1