Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign midi to markers + Left - right channel playing

ludocavic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Assign midi to markers + Left - right channel playing Reply with quote

Hi all,

First of all, I just discovered Wavosaur and I need to say that it is just great. Everything works fine for me, very light, fast, intuitive so, good good job!! Okayyyyyy

I would make 2 suggestions then!

1)Assign midi to markers

Being a Recycle, all kind of VSt samplers and audio editor usor , one thing that I can't find anywhere is the following:

When you work with markers, one thing that would be very usefull to all people who use them to slice samples would be:
the ability to assign 1 marker to one midi signal. In other terms, assigning one marker to one key on the midi controller on the go.
That would allow one to jam while doing the sample slicing, making sure all slices fit "cut"whise.

Ex: marker 0 > assigned to C0 on the midi keyboard
marker 1> assign to next key
marker 2> assign to C3. And so on..

To my knowledge, like in cool edit or Wavosaur, we can assign a midi key to go to next or previous marker. But not to play them as statted above.

In recycle you can do that with the mouse but not handy at all.

So, well, now you know what I think would be a great development. No idea how difficult it would be to developp such feature but would definitly be an advantage over most of existing audio editor and looping software.

(by the way, if you know this already exist on any other software, please be so kind to give me a hint Wink)

2) Button to play only left or right channels

An idea would be:
by default, when you make a selection, you select right and left channels. But, if you go more "up" with the mouse, you would just select the left channel. If you go more "down" with the mouse, you would just select the right channel.

And maybe also adding 3 buttons in the tool bar: Play stereo, play left channel only, play right channel only.

That would be more userfriendly then right clicking and left click "play solo" (in my opinion Very Happy ).

That would be it!!

Thanks again for the very good work and have a good day!

Ludo
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

the MIDI assign for marker is a good idea, i like it.

about the left/right playing/editing you can use the 1 to 8 key (not those form the numpad) to select/deselect channel
1 for left channel , 2 for right channel

the "deselected" channels are muted and don't play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :