Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to add content to start of MP3 track

ClassicMovieFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: How to add content to start of MP3 track Reply with quote

In converting my old WAV audiobooks to MP3 I am able to rip them with a program which allows combining tracks. Each WAV track is about 30-60 seconds and there are usually 99 per CD disc, so I mulitrack rip and combine about 20 WAV tracks into 1 MP3 track. So I can get an entire book of about 10 WAV CDs onto 1 MP3 CD disc.

Problem is that at the start of each combined MP3 track all of my players seem to SKIP the first second or so. It is not a big deal, but it would be nice if I could fix this. I've tried adding 5 seconds between tracks, which helps a bit, but still doesn't fix it completely.

I've tried different ripping programs and burners, and it just seems that since the WAV files are so short with NO blank air, that when they combine, there just isn't enough time at the start of a track for them to play corrrectly.

Is there a SIMPLE way to add blank audio space or -- I don't even care -- a dog growling or cat meowing or anything -- to the start of the combined MP3 tracks so when they play back the first second or so isn't "missing"?

This software may just be too advanced for me. I have read through everything, and quite frankly, don't understand most of it. 'Bang to the beat drum'

Any help is appreciated, and if this program is too robust for me, maybe there is another simple way to achieve what I need.

Thanks much.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i'm not sure to understand, it seems you want to add some silence at the start of a file :

to do that you can:

go to "Process" menu -> "Insert Silence" -> "Custom"

then enter the duration you want.

Tell us if this helps
ClassicMovieFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Yes. That is exactly what I want to do.

I assume I can do so in an MP3 file, right?

I will try to figure out how to use the software.

I may need to ask for more help.

I am making a donation now and if I can get it to work, more later.

Thanks again. Very Happy
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for saving as mp3 you have to use the "Export" feature from the "File" menu.

here's some hints on how to set up the mp3 exporting :

http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/export-as-mp3-with-wavosaur-lame-encoder-setup-t335.html

note that we have to update this information ! now it's different depending on if you are working in 32 or 64 bit

don't hesitate to ask if you have problems for setting the mp3 export
ClassicMovieFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Thank you once more. Reply with quote

Got it to work. Had to use a different LAME dll.
Tried the link here but it wouldn't recognize it -- even after rebooting computer. But tried another one and voila! Works great!

I don't necessarily understand what I am "doing" but I just keep trying until I succeed. Okayyyyyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :