Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to delete 2 mins silence at start of a music file...

Herbert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: I want to delete 2 mins silence at start of a music file... Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have two music files on my hard drive which I want to burn to a CD.

The first file doesn't need any cropping or editing, but at the start of the second file there is a 2 minutes silence which I would like to pare down to 5 seconds or so.

I want to import this second file into Free Audio Editor and crop that silent section (which is at the start of the playback) - and then return this edited version back to the hard drive.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.
Herbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thoughts - forget about it.

I've tried for hours to do nothing more than record an audio tape to my hard drive - and failed to do this. It was recording ok - the input meter was going up and down... but where is it? Can't find the recorded piece anywhere.

The interface is a dog's dinner of just too many tricks and options.

I'm going back to the blissful simplicity of 'Free Hi-Q Recorder'. You click a red button and it records your stuff and saves it to a file. Not rocket science.

Thanks anyway, guys.

Perhaps when I can find time to spend around 3-months unlocking the mysteries of how even simple tasks of Free Audio Editor works - I'll revisit it.
FordMustang

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, they should do a Wavosaur version for stupids Okayyyyyy
Herbert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FordMustang wrote:
yeah, they should do a Wavosaur version for stupids Okayyyyyy

Or how about a guide that first explains how to do the simple tasks -- and then continues on to explain the multifarious and complex edit functions for the nerds?

From the looks of it I'd say the Free Audio Editor is a brilliant piece of software. That's why I'm finding it so frustration to understand how it works.

I apologise if I've been a bit ungracious with some of my previous comments.
xpander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the price, Wavosaur is a true bargain. Yet it is a powerful audio editor with good features. It behaves like many other (professional) editors, so if you're already familiar with audio editing, it's dead easy to use. If you're new to this, there's bound to be some learning to be had anyways.

I think the quick start guide is pretty good for what it is. It's light on finer details, but tells all the basic stuff simply. It follows a logical setup (configuration) and usage order, apart from the skinning stuff appearing in a goofy place. True, it´s also part of the configuration but definitely a custom feature and could well be somewhere later, as well as the config. file details. Advanced features?

Herbert, I believe that if you're willing to spend some time with Wavosaur, you'll start to appreciate what you can do with it. Even though you might well be frustrated now, you already seem to realize the potential. Okayyyyyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1