Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixing

stringies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Mixing Reply with quote

I don't know if you can do this or not, but i really want to be able to mix songs. If you can mix songs together on version 1,0,5,0 can anyone tell me how to!? :)
xpander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quess you were already answered on the general forum, but your point is a good one for repeating.

You can't really mix different clips together that easily in Wavosaur. You'd have to either paste them sequentially right after each other, or make a quess at a good mixing point, place your cursor there and paste. Still you don't have control over the separate levels or any crossfades at all, so results will probably be funky.

It would be nice to be able to "float" the copied clip over another one, and listen for the right spot while moving the floating clip around. Also, having adjustable crossfades would help a lot. When ready, you could then consolidate (render) clips to one....or keep em separated for possible future tweaks. One more in support for the specific project file format?

Being able to move and mix marked regions would do the same. FR that is, me thinks. What say you?
stringies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i posted again because I didn't really get the answer I was looking for on the general forum, but your answer has been very helpful so thankyou :)
I am not very techy and have to admit I couldn't really say i understand all the terms you mention but agree it would be nice to be able to mix songs better. For the moment i guess i will have to just download a proper mixing programme :)
xpander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that is, if you want to mix together longer clips or songs even, app designed for that will do better than just an audio editor. All of the big name DAWs would do that easily, but come with a price. Many of the DJ mixing apps will of course do this also, but I have absolutely no idea of what´s what, never needed one myself.

However, I can suggest you a pretty basic, simple AND free multitrack recorder to get your feet wet, if you're so inclined; KRISTAL Audio Engine. With that you could do what you're after and more, while not being totally swamped with all the fancy stuff you've yet to learn.
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php?section=details#description

Not necessarily easy for the beginners and really a true DAW rather than just a DJ mixing app, but you could also check the last free version of Reaper as well.
http://www.freewarefiles.com/REAPER-Last-Freeware-Version_program_43366.html

If you'll ever get down that route, you'd be in good company, Reaper is a very good DAW.

Of course there are many others as well, but this is at least something to get you going. Good mixing!
stringies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou VERY much for all your help, very appreciated Very Happy
Taking on your advice I think i shall download the first app you suggested to me, and another one suggested by someone else on the other forum as well. Following that, and if needs be, I shall also download the second app you've suggested.
Now hopefully things will be much easier for me Razz Thankyou again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1