Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paste overwriting deselected channel

Stephen@33570

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Paste overwriting deselected channel Reply with quote

I have 2 stereo files. one file is a drum track I wrote. The other file is a bass guitar track I recorded to go with the drum track. I want to combine them. I cleared the left track of the stereo Bass file, and cleared the right track of the drum file using Process>mute. I was successfully using deselect at the db bar to keep from muting both tracks of each stereo file, Then I copied the right track of the bass & paste into the empty right track of the drum file. Even though the left track of the drum file was deselected, the paste overwrote the deselected drum track. I got a stereo file of the bass> I used Edit>undo to go back to what I started with. How do I prevent paste from overwriting a deselected track?
I tried this method because I was unable to PLAY the drum track AND RECORD the Bass track at the same time. I got around that by playing the drum track on another computer(listen with headphones) and record the Bass track on this computer. Then clear the required stereo tracks to get a "mono" paste. I realize that once pasted I will have to play around with silence insert ,or Cut. to get them in sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :