Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting Control Changes for Midi Controller

vizionheiry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Setting Control Changes for Midi Controller Reply with quote

A member of Futureproducers offered Wavosaur as a freeware alternative to Recycle. Your product is excellent. I already contributed in Paypal.

Question:

I've used my Edirol Midi Controller PCR-30 in Mixcraft to play sounds. If I understand the Wavosaur manual correctly (page 25), I can assign slices in Wavosaur to keys on the Midi Controller, then record it?

I understand how to set the MIDI Control Changes in the wavosaur cfg file but I don't know how to set the control changes on my midi controller.

I looked at page 132 of the Edirol Manual[url]http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_04-00272/PCR-30_50_80_egfis1.pdf [/url] but I'm still lost.

Will you help me set control changes to my midi controller?

Thank You

As an aside, I request the ability to name each slice in Wavosaur (after autoslicing) so when it gets exported into several wav files, they have a name such as kick, snare, etc.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & welcome to the forum

From what i read in the PDF you have to specify the "button mode" (p 158), Wavosaur needs the "Latch mode" (for play/stop/rewind/back to start etc...)

you may have to set the upper/lower limit values, but i think the default one is the good one (0 - 127)

i'm not 100% sure about the button mode, i'll ask the main developer, or reinstall MIDI-OX to verify

Wavosaur listen to all MIDI channel i think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :