Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silence Trimmer

rdkartono

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Silence Trimmer Reply with quote

Auto trim is only good for removing starting and ending silence.
But how to trim silence in the middle ?
The silence remover is not doing what I want. It remove silence, but I want to trim silence in the middle. So, for example there are middle silences, I want to trim them which longer than xxx miliseconds become exactly xxx miliseconds.

Thanks before.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand,

---XX-----XX---- ==> TRIM ==> XX-----XX
---XX-----XX---- ==> SilenceRemove ==> XXXX
rdkartono

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be like this :
--XX-------XX--

Silence trim with to --- miliseconds ==> --XX---XX--

So basically still left some silence between words, but customizable.
Some occasion, for announcement for example, if we remove all the silence, the announcement felt to hurry.

Sorry, not meant to compare, but Audacity have this feature. But I like wavosaur better !!
xpander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdkartono wrote:

So basically still left some silence between words, but customizable.
Some occasion, for announcement for example, if we remove all the silence, the announcement felt to hurry.

Timestretch?

Fast talkers might use more noticeable gaps in their speech, even if short in duration...simply to be intelligible. Slow "slurring" speakers might mend the words together...their speech is slow enough already, even without breaks in-between.

My point? Adjust fast talkers "in-between" time shorter and it's too fast to understand. Make it longer and the result is like slow machine gun, not necessarily natural. With slow talkers, no cutting of silences (if any there) will necessarily help, it's still slow in nature.

If you simply cut the longer unnecessary silences between the sentences and timestretch the actual speech, you might get more natural sounding results. Timestretch with or without the pitch following the changes and you'll get plenty of options to mangle the announcements, natural or not.

If the quest would be for the words (or notes) to be set to specific spots...in a grid maybe...some recycler, beat detecting type of app would do that.

Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :