Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two minor things warped from Soundforge

rumpelpudding

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Two minor things warped from Soundforge Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

especially the developers and everyone involved, at first sight Wavosaur looks and feels great, great work!
As for a quick introduction, i am somewhat like a occasional audiofile-editor, field-recorder, interview-cutter,... And i am a long-term user of Soundforge, that is, as long it is Sonic Foundry's. I am stuck with Soundforge 4.7, wich is imho the best/fastest/(...) version of it.

So i was happy to see Wavosaur behave almost like sf when testing it for the first time today :)
And i just stumbled about these really minor things i like in soundforge and wich might be worth considering:

Triple-click selection: When double-clicking inside markers/regions, the region between is selected. But when tripleclicking it, the whole file is selected in SF. This is very practical behaviour and could optionally be emulated in Wavosaur.

Marker-moving on top only: In SF, markers could only be moved by the down-arrows on top, in ws the whole markerline inside the waveform is click- and draggable. SF's behaviour prevents accidential marker moving and could be emulated optionally.

I didn't take time to browse through this forum, so hopefully i am not repeating someone or something.

And: Good work, keep it up! Very Happy
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are good suggestions
xpander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those are good suggestions. Since we are talking about markers/regions here, I'd like to add couple more requests which would help editing.

It would be great to able to select multiple areas for editing. Maybe after selecting one region with double click, we could then use modifier + double click (eg. ctrl + double click) inside markers of any other regions to add them to the selection. Also, a command to select all regions at once would be nice.
rumpelpudding

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xpander wrote:
It would be great to able to select multiple areas for editing. Maybe after selecting one region with double click, we could then use modifier + double click (eg. ctrl + double click) inside markers of any other regions to add them to the selection.

You mean like having multiple arbitrary selections active at the same time?

This is imho a very interesting feature.
And there a is good demonstration called 'Sweep' wich features exactly that, combined with fast display(zoom-)performance and something like a "scrubber"-recordneedle-playcursor-thing. It's unbeatable fast when examing, editing, searching in or extracting from, (many)-hour-long fieldrecordings or similar material.

This is no advertising, it's also a free program. Maybe some aspects could sometime be incorporated into wavosaur.

Greetings
r
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1