Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VST Leaves 1 Sec of Blank Space in Wave After Clicking Apply

vinylguy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: VST Leaves 1 Sec of Blank Space in Wave After Clicking Apply Reply with quote

I am probably doing something obviously wrong but after I highlight a selection of my Wave file, load and configure my VST program (Bias Soundsoap Pro 2), and click "apply" to the Wavosaur VST rack, Wavosaur inserts a 1 second bit of empty space into the Wave file at the spot where my highlighted selection begins. Ugh! I've tried various "trial and error" fixes, like clicking and unclicking "processing" before and/or after I hit "apply" but it makes no difference. I've tried using and not using markers to identify the highlighted section of Wave but that doesn't make a difference, either. I've even tried loading my VST program before and/or after I open my Wave file but, again, it makes no difference. The 1 second of blank space is always inserted, no matter what. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It sounds like PDC, even if 1 seconds of audio seems a bit long.

pdc = plugin delay compensation, it's something we are working on, Wavosaur ignores the latency delay reported by the plugin

i did some tests : at scanning, the BIAS SoundSoap VST.dll reports an initial delay of 4504 samples (approx. 0.1 seconds at 44100 Hz)

we'll fix that in next release
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> VST plugins talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1