Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Auto Detect Region, Split, Save on Live Recording?

bonzo3671

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Custom Auto Detect Region, Split, Save on Live Recording? Reply with quote

Hello there!

I've read the following posts:
http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/batch-splitting-t1058.html
http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/how-to-cut-file-into-a-smal-equal-parts-and-insert-silence-t1042.html?highlight=auto%20region

I was wondering if Wavosaur can handle the following situation for a continous live sound recording in progress:

1) Start recording either by pressing record or by autodetecting the sound level

2) Auto detect region - based on custom dB Level, duration, position
3) Select this region from previous auto detected region (start of track to end of track)
4) Save to new file whilst continuing to record
Repeat steps 2,3,4 until exit

Referring to the post "Batch splitting?" (see above), I'd like to do the same but based on sound level, split the last track, save this region whilst still recording. Rinse and repeat :)

Can Wavosaur handle this via scripting or natively? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
bonzo3671
xpander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there are couple of things preventing you from doing that.

First of all, you cannot do anything to the files while they are being recorded with Wavosaur.
Once you hit record, you'll have to wait till you have it all done before editing.

Second, there is no native scripting available in Wavosaur and external scripting wouldn't do any good
unless you are going to "script" a whole new app which I believe is besides the point.

Edit while capture seems to be the rage in video world and broadcasting, they have some tools for that.
But mere audio mortals will still usually do all editing after the fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1