Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDMI multichannel playout?

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: HDMI multichannel playout? Reply with quote

Hi there,

was anyone successful with multichannel playout over a graphics card HDMI port with 5.1/7.1 LPCM? I have configured my HDMI audio device to 7.1 in system audio settings (multichannel test there successful, also HDMI receiver displays 7.1 LPCM), I can see the HDMI audio device in Wavosaur, but only Stereo/MME, so I can not assign more than 2 output channels.

Any idea?

- Carsten
poivre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's only possible in ASIO mode

wait for a wavosaur dev to confirm this
Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I know about ASIO, but wouldn't know wether a plain vanilla graphics card HDMI audio would support ASIO. Seems though that ASIO4ALL supports HDMI audio and offers a single 8ch audiodevice. Will try that.

Another multichannel interface I hear about is WASAPI, but that should be there already on my WIN7 system - don't know if Wavosaur supports it?

- Carsten
poivre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems ASIO4ALL can do the trick
i think there's no WASAPI support in Wavosaur
Carsten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work with ASIO4ALL. Was a bit confusing at first to enable ASIO, assign the HDMI out, etc., then to assign the output channels in Wavosaur, but after some testing it worked, 8channel wave playout to our 7.1 cinema sound system.
Wavosaur's sample channel name assignment seems to have a, err..., small bug. Wondering wether it would be a nice idea to be able to rename them yourself?

Because in my case, they listed up as

Left/Mono1
Right/Mono2
none

Would be nice if I could name them to L,C,R,LFE,Ls etc myself, or assign track labels in the editor?

Also I had trouble to create a multichannel arrangement in Wavosaur by pasting in mono or stereo wavs into an 8 track File - seems with simple copy/paste, the number of tracks for source and target have to bee the same. But that's something for another thread...I finally did the 8trk File in Audacity and then played out with Wavosaur. Seems Audacity still has no support for multichannel output hardware.

- Carsten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :