Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making waveosaur the default player instead of Windows Media

soccerman58

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Making waveosaur the default player instead of Windows Media Reply with quote

Hi
Waveosaur seems to be a much better player than the Windows media Player. I was wondering if I can somehow make it my default player please? I did try a search for default and player and came up blank.

Also, I will be using a laptop live on stage to play some backing tracks and I was wondering if it's possible to create a list of the songs in the order I want to play them (like a WMP playlist) but only have them play when I tell them to, as WMP has a habit of starting and just going and going and going. Maybe you know of something else that sounds good that would do this if not waveosaur. I'm recording in Kristal if you know it.

I notice that I can use a MIDI pedal with waveosaur to stop, start and skip and I thought that would be a better option than jumping across the stage to click the laptop. But how to do it, I do not know. I know absolutely nothing of MIDI and I only have the usual ins and outs and usb ports on my laptop.
Thanks
Phil
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

this is a use we haven't think of, i'm nit sure Wavosaur is the best suited program as "player"

you definitely need a player with playlist support, maybe winamp, but i'm not aware about trigger capabilities.
zzz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Foobar or VLC, although I'm not sure if either of them is midi triggerable. Foobar does have a good equaliser, if you want to tweak live sound for a particular venue, though.
A great alternative midi controller to a pedal, and far more flexible (and fun with a drum programme) is the korg nanopad. If you have any software instruments, then it can also be used as a kaos pad, and trigger, and it's dirt cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :