Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi note off ?

mdharp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: midi note off ? Reply with quote

Hi guys. Congratulations on Wavosaur. I have been trying to insert loop points into .wav files, & its working well. My problem right now is how a note from eg; cello or flute, can have a "note off" message or data in the wav file. I've been able to get my Sampletank 2.2 to read a Wavosaur loop from the beginning of a wav, then read the loop in the middle of the wav, but then it wont release the loop & play the note tail (end section of wav). It just stops mid loop when the key (via mouse) is released.
Is there some sort of marker or name that can be saved in the wav to get it to play the note end when the midi key is released ?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mdharp
At the moment, the loop informations saved in the file are just loop start and end points, and type of loop (fixed to "sustain").
We'll see if there is the possibility to add extra informations that can be recognized by samplers.

Could you send to us an exemple of .wav file with loop that is working the way you want in Sampletank ? if you have such file. It can help us to find out what informations are needed.
mdharp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot send the loop as requested, because I haven't been able to achieve this yet. I have only been able to get a sample to play from beginning & enter a looped (sustain) section. When the midi controller key is released, it stops inside the loop section, & doesn't play out to the end of the complete wav. I have sent examples with description.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

midi features (30-Jan-2007)
Question? offcourse (20-May-2007)