Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with volume

purvinis3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: problem with volume Reply with quote

hellow , i'm new here and i have a problem : each time , when i press "apply volume automation" , the song becomes a bit shorter and louder. it's hard to describe... i even can't say it on my language. if you're interested in my problem , i can send you a song and you will understand what i wanna say...
xpander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I can understand the volume automation bit and the volume change. But do you mean that your audio file will actually get shorter also? Like, your 3:00 minute song is suddenly just 2:55 (or something) after the volume automation?
purvinis3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm , it is not easy to explain Very Happy when i press it , a few sec of silence insert at the start of the song automatically, but the song remains 3:00. (5sec silence and 2:55 song)
poivre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should post a screenshot
xpander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, a screenshot of volume automation envelope just before it is (was) applied could help to figure this out.
My quess is that you had the volume envelope points at the start of the file at zero, hence no sound at the beginning...and then rising above the level of the original file, thus making it louder for the rest.

Take a look at the quick tutorial;
http://www.wavosaur.com/quick-help/automation.php

It's pretty easy to follow the volume envelope and imagine what happens to the volume, the higher the envelope curve, the higher the volume and vice versa. Better yet, you can also preview (listen) the automation before you apply it.

Its good to remember, that volume automation envelope is a good tool for making variable level adjustments to the file. If you just want to change the overall level of whole file, you don't need it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1