Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about saving work, making changes later

Drummerbones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Questions about saving work, making changes later Reply with quote

Okay, just started using Wavosaur yesterday and it's pretty intuitive. The one problem I'm finding thus far is that when I save the project I'm working on (I'm only using Wavosaur as a master tool - editing stereo wav files...no multitrack), it saves as a regular wav file which is fine and dandy, but what about listening to the work and deciding to open up the file and go back and tweek some parameters later? It seems like once the file is saved, that's it, it is what it is.

In Sound Forge for instance, you can save a project and if you want to change something you can come back later and pick up where you left off. Wavosaur doesn't appear to do that and this is critical as you know because how many of us get it perfect the first time through? I know I don't...Anyway, am I missing something?

Can you save a project you're working on and open it up later to pick up where you left off and make changes? Maybe there's a functionality that I've been unable to find. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bones
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to the forum

If you choose "apply", all the VST effects are applied to the file "destructively" (not really as you can undo).

For no,n destructive and savable process you can save a chain of effect with their setting and reload the chain later : there is a "save chain" in the VST rack, it writes a .sor files with all the information needed for reloading the effects and their parameters where you left them.

note that it may not work with some VST, we have to improve the chain saving. And of course the VST used need to be at the same location for .sor file to find them
Drummerbones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :