Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

simple newbie question

jefficat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: simple newbie question Reply with quote

hi, i just got a digital voice recorder to record a teacher that our group paid to come talk to us for the weekend. i have never done this and found out that the recorder does not come with it's own editing software. the problem is that the cd's that i need to download the information to are for about an hour and each file is about 2 hours. i need to break up these files. i have about 4 of them. i have tried to import them into your program but i have not been able to do it.

the olympus voice recorder immediately opens up to play into windows media player and then for some reason i don't understand is difficult to move to somewhere else. i did download the files into my documents, but now the only place i seem to be able to send them is to windows media player. i completely read all of the instructions that came with wavosaur and tried everything it said. i waited several days and then came back and reread the stuff and tried to see if i had done anything completely wrong. i am sure i have. i just don't know what it is.

if you have any idea how i can deal with this FRUSTRATING situation, i would appreciate it. the seminar was on quiet sitting meditation and i am afraid that it is now completely lost on me after trying to make copies for others.

thanks, jefficat
ChairmanOfTheBored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your recorder stores files in WMA format. Convert them to WAV format, then open in Wavosaur.

One program that will do the conversion is Switch (freeware):
http://nch.com.au/switch/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Newbie question (16-Oct-2008)
Total Newbie Question! (19-Sep-2009)
Simple Feature Request (22-Nov-2007)
New user question (06-Mar-2009)
new user questions (30-Nov-2009)
VST Questions (21-Dec-2007)