Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spacebar Pause takes you back to start

nanrector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Spacebar Pause takes you back to start Reply with quote

When I hit the space bar to pause is there a way to not have it take me back to where I started playing? I want it to just pausewhere it is.

Thanks!
Nancy

Edit:
(Originally put stop button but its the pause using the spacebar thats giving me trouble.)
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
The spacebar is like play/stop
At the moment there is no way to pause with the spacebar

some users would prefer play/pause, we may add an option to change the behaviour of the space bar.
nanrector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Pause issue Reply with quote

Ah. Ok. Yeah that would be very handy for me anyway. I transcribe what is on the files and so I need to quickly pause now and then to catch up. Obviously having it go back to start when I do that totally loses my place. I'll just use the mouse to pause it until there is a possible update.

Thanks!
Nancy

Rex wrote:
Hi!
The spacebar is like play/stop
At the moment there is no way to pause with the spacebar

some users would prefer play/pause, we may add an option to change the behaviour of the space bar.
Dawda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Alternative Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm new here but i have been using wavosaur for a while.
And I would first like to thank you for making wavosaur!
I made a donation and my personal opinion is that if your happy with something, show it. And by donating you can help the developers allot and then you might make future development possible or at least a little easier for those who puts their time and soul into the application.
Well with that said back to topic! :)

The current option with spacebar in my opinion is really not good as a default option.I was so confused in the beginning when it took me back to the start.
So.. Couldn't you make it "Spacebar = Play/Pause" and "Shift+Spacebar = Stop" and "ctrl+Spacebar = makes a selection Start and if you hit it again it makes selection End... That could make a good option to selecting with the mouse"

I believe that it would just be fantastic. And make it a easy experience to create and edit waves in wavosaur :)
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dawda

ctrl+spacebar or shift+spacebar combinations sounds nice, we gonna work on that
justified

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Forge uses space to Play/stop and Enter to Play/pause. I'd suggest to do the same.
I mean it's better in such cases to copy shortcuts from other, more widespread (so far) programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :