Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavosaur opens only the first minutes of a long file

lunarladder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Wavosaur opens only the first minutes of a long file Reply with quote

Trying to open a stereo 96kHz/24bit file with the new 64-bit build of Wavosaur. The total length of the file is over half an hour (file size 1,158,808,940 bytes). Wavosaur opens the file without any error messages or other indications that something is wrong, but the shown wave data is only a two and a half minutes long slice (2:27:685 to be exact) from the beginning of the file.

If I now save the opened wave over the original one, Wavosaur actually throws away the rest of the file, saving only that two and a half minute clip.

The file isn't corrupt (it opens correctly elsewhere, for example in Live and Reaper) and Wavosaur exhibits this same behavior with other long files, too. For example, constantly opening an even longer file (1,490,632,748) as a 9:02:826 slice from the beginning, etc.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention, although I said it in an earlier post recently: running Wavosaur on Windows 7 64-bit.
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your report, we will analyse it.
http://www.wavosaur.com
lunarladder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responsive support!
lunarladder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, any new developments on this? :)
Mintschi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar problem with version 1.1.0.0.
I'd tried to open a long wav file. However, it was displayed as an empty file.

cheers,
Mintschi
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it with the 32 bit version or the 64 bit version ?
Mintschi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With both.
lunarladder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stopped using Wavosaur for the time being because of this issue. A lot of my work deals with long files (field recordings of atmospheres, long sound design improv sessions and the like), and Wavosaur would be a nice no-nonsense editor for quickly trim-cropping sections for further processing. (I like promoting free/affordable software in pro workflows when they are actually this usable.)

However, noticing I usually don't get to hear the whole recording, with the length of the actually opened section varying from file to file, it's become too unreliable to use Sad
sinewav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, this inability to process long files prevents me from promoting Wavosaur outside of a small group of people. I work in audio and part of my job is to talk about software and make recommendations. Unfortunately, I wind up suggesting Audacity to customers who record long sessions of sound. I hope a future version of WSaur can do this. <3 :)
Deepy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree that Wavsaur is nearly unusable without the ability to load longer audiofiles. The features are great and the GUI is all right but i cannot use it because i need to open longer audiofiles. Why releasing an audio-editor that can not open audiofiles (or just small ones)? Its redundant.
Edy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm encountering the same issue here. Opening long WAV files (800Mb - 1,5Gb, 44.1Khz 16bit stereo) load only the first 7 minutes. In some cases it just shows an empty file. I'm using the version 1.1.0.0 64 bits.

This seems pretty easy to reproduce:

1. Use Streamosaur for recording to WAV file during 1h 30min approx. I'm recording the Line-In.
2. Stop the recording and open the WAV file with Wavosaur.

Hope this helps to find the bug.
Best,
Edy
Edy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on this issue? I know this is a free software, but looks like it should be pretty easy to find and fix this bug. I've had to switch back to Audacity meanwhile...
lunarladder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The project seems to be pretty much abandoned.
HDGMax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Wavosaur not supporting long files Reply with quote

I am using Wavosaur 1.3.0.0 64 bit on Windows 10 and I am also unable to open very long files on Wavosaur, even if I record them as uncompressed wav, not matter recorded with iPad or Android. I have a time consuming workaround: Open with Audacity, save with Audacity and then open with Wavosaur. I would like to be able to open directly in Wavosaur because I use Wavosaur as editor for Ableton. Please help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :