Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working on projects bigger than a sound effect

Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Working on projects bigger than a sound effect Reply with quote

Hello everyone
I am going to explain some problems that I had while editing sound from a movie and remixing songs
1 Trying to edit sound from a movie is nothing special everyone can make a reference to a movie and add sound from this movie. The problem is that while waiting for wavosaur to open the huge file or apply a vst you will have wait for a while and you don't know when wavosaur will end this procces and this will result as a waste of time until you realize that it's not going to end soon and until you realize that it's over and you will also have to check your pc every 5 minutes it depends on the file. A progress bar or something similar that will show us the time that the whole procces takes could be realy usefull.
2 When I open a music file and try to remix it I can't be sure for what I am going to do. When I paste and mix I want to have my work seperated every paste and mix might need to be deleted later and if I do that I will delete the whole selection and not only the secondary file inserted.
Undo will only help if this is the last paste.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "progress bar" for loading / saving is in the todo list, the next release could have it (i'm not 100% affirmative, we are doing some debugging/test at the moment)

For the paste & mix i'm not sure i have fully understood, it seems that what you need is to be able to undo the "(n-x) action" without undoing the "n action" (= the last action), or maybe i'm wrong.
Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever used photoshop?
When you paste something you paste it on a new layer and not to the original image. Then you are able to apply effects or whatever you want separatly to the new layer seeking perfectness. Thats what I am talking about.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i see
this would involve some sort of multitrack editing i think
Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES exactly that I was talking about!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of feature is possible but implies a lot of work, that's why we are waiting before starting this kind of improvement, waiting for more feedback and more enthousiasm for our software
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :