Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4-bps wav files

Kowa1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: 4-bps wav files Reply with quote

I have Olympus digital voice recoreder which produce wav mono 4 bps 22 kHz audio files. Wavosaur not support this kind of files (4 bps) at all, even not import. Can anyone recomend any editor or at least splitter which work with this kind of compression and don't convert and modyfi parameters. Or any Wavosaur plugin?

Are 10 kind of people. They which know binary system and they which don't know.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably ADPCM encoded, we support the vox format but not all adpcm files, we maybe add that to the supported format, i think you can find converter
Kowa1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is IMA ADPCM but I don't want convert. Opposit, don't want even touch existing format. Only splitt file maintaining splitted parts without any changes.
Any suggestions?

By the way:
I open any wav in Wavosaur -> save as new file wav eg. dupa.wav -> make copy in other folder -> once again open dupa.wav, do absolutely nothing with it -> close file - Wavosaur ask me to save changes. Why?
When I answer yes, and compare by content, copy dupa.wav with this new one dupa.wav ( after yes ) they are completely different. Why?

Are 10 kind of people. They which know binary system and they which don't know.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I open any wav in Wavosaur -> save as new file wav eg. dupa.wav -> make copy in other folder -> once again open dupa.wav, do absolutely nothing with it -> close file - Wavosaur ask me to save changes. Why?
When I answer yes, and compare by content, copy dupa.wav with this new one dupa.wav ( after yes ) they are completely different. Why?

the reminder always ask when exiting, even if the file have not been modified, you can desactive the reminder. this is something we will improve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :

Wavosaur files help (08-Nov-2008)
Wavpack file support (27-Aug-2008)
FR : acidize files (01-Jul-2007)