Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple more suggestions..

Zed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

- open a group of mono files as multichannel, basically to join separated stereo samples back to stereo. A lot of sample packs are splitted to *(L).wav and *(R).wav and simple open every X file as a X channel would make good job. By default it could be 2 channel (stereo). The option should be in open file dialogue of course.

- Flac support. I was hoping it's gonna be in 1.0.5, but no... I don't think I'm the only one who keep all the stuff in Flac.

- Quick save (button with a hot key) currently opened file in a (favourite) sample pool, a folder for selected sounds. Would be MUCH useful for searching sounds for certain project as quick "save as". There could be few such folders for "cool loops", "huge bass". As option could be saving lnk (link) file instead file it self.

- Portable capability. Saving setting locally, VST folder near to wavosaur.exe and etc.

more later...

Thanks for the great tool!
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
- Portable capability. Saving setting locally, VST folder near to wavosaur.exe and etc.

http://www.wavosaur.com/forum/portable-wavosaur-tip-t501.html

it's sticked to the top of the vst plugins talk forum
http://www.bitmud.com
FordMustang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand
Quote:
open a group of mono files as multichannel, basically to join separated stereo samples back to stereo. A lot of sample packs are splitted to *(L).wav and *(R).wav and simple open every X file as a X channel would make good job. By default it could be 2 channel (stereo). The option should be in open file dialogue of course
Zed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

R.A.W. wrote:
Zed wrote:

Nice. Would be better to see this tip as default setting.

Quote:
i don't understand

It's easy. If you selected a couple of mono files in this mode you'll get only one opened, but it's stereo.

for example:

huge_bass_L.wav
huge_bass_R.wav

would opened as one file "huge_bass_L.wav", but stereo, where right channel data is taken from "huge_bass_R.wav"

huge_bass_L.wav
huge_bass_R.wav
hell_noise_L.wav
hell_noise_R.wav

Would be opened as 2 stereo files and so on...
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
R.A.W. wrote:
Zed wrote:

Nice. Would be better to see this tip as default setting.

well, i like portableapps, too. but they never come without the effort of someone Wink
tbh i guess most people using wavosaur use it on their machines at home where they got another location for VSTs. so it's logical to use an absolute path in the configuration by default as it's only possible to use relative paths when the VST folder is in the same or in a subfolder relative to the wavosaur.exe
Zed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

R.A.W. wrote:
tbh i guess most people using wavosaur use it on their machines at home where they got another location for VSTs. so it's logical to use an absolute path in the configuration by default as it's only possible to use relative paths when the VST folder is in the same or in a subfolder relative to the wavosaur.exe

It's more logical to have few VST folders. I've separated *free* and *must be installed* plugs in different folders.

And it's a question of time when everything going to be portable by origin. Registry is a pure Microsoft's idea, *cash per machine* whereas it should be *cash per copy*.
R.A.W.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple more suggestions.. Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
Registry is a pure Microsoft's idea

well, wavosaur doesn't save anything in the registry but in a config text file. so it's in fact already portable when you set it up as the sticky thread i mentioned states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :