Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Background vocals, etc

IceNuts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Background vocals, etc Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to this, so I'm a little lost. Is there a way to add, say, background vocals to an already existing WAV file? I try to record and play at the same time so that timing is right, but it ends up putting the recorded part at the end (which I can probably fix by cut and paste mix) and smooshes the audio file so that I sound like a chipmunk! What's going on?? Any help would be awesome.
Mike
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The 'Options' menu you can choose 'Editor configuration'.

A dialog box appears: In 'General' part choose 'Always open new file for record'.

After recording your voices, a new file appears. Then 'Select all' or Ctrl + A and 'Paste and mix' in your original sample.

If the voices are higher and fast, change the sampling frequency of your recording or your original file. The sampling frequency of your both files must be identical.

For that choose 'Process menu' and 'Resample'.
http://www.wavosaur.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :