Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

controlling resampling

ambertape

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: controlling resampling Reply with quote

All my audio clips that I make have a voice introduction before the singer starts to sing. Unfortunately the volume of his speech is quite low. Would first normalizing and then sampling make the audio speaking portion louder or the reverse ?

How can I make the speaking audible just like the singing ?
Thanks
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

select only the part with the voice introduction and use "volume" to make it louder, you can also use a compressor effect (as VST in the VST rack) .

Quote:
Would first normalizing and then sampling

i don't understand, what do you mean by "sampling" ?
is it "resampling" ?
resampling has nothing to do with the volume
ambertape

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try it. What do you mean "you can also use a compressor effect (as VST in the VST rack) . ". I do not have yet any plugins. Where could I get above plugin and others that would be a starting point to try and use ?

Ambertape
ambertape

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: increasing volume when talking Reply with quote

Rex,

I think it worked. I made a marker at the beginning and end of the talking before the song, highlighted it and kept increasing it with the volume until it was quite audible. Did I do it correctly ?

If I want to save this part, do I delete the second marker and make the second marker at the end of the song and everything will be saved ?

If I add some silence at the end of the song, then the marker I have at the end of the song should be moved to the end of the silence ? Is this the way to do it ?

What is the normal amount of silence to have in between many songs ?

Thanks
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about VST plugins and rack :
you can start with those free plugs : http://www.wavosaur.com/vst/compressor-plugins.php

a little help on how to use the VST : http://www.wavosaur.com/tutorials/how-to-use-VST.php

You can save your file with or without markers, the markers are meta information and have no incidence on the sound and how the file will be played.

the amount of silence between song is left at your appreciation
ambertape

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can save your file with or without markers, the markers are meta information and have no incidence on the sound and how the file will be played.

Please explain this to me. I don't understand what you are saying.

If I place a marker before talking and then at the end of the introduction and increase the volume, delete the second marker and place it at the end of the song, will the speaking and singing be a single clip ?

Thanks about the VST.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please define "marker" and "clip", i think there is a misunderstanding

ambertape

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex,

If I place a marker on both sides of audio speaking part and I highlight it and apply volume of +6db twice, I see the envelope of the audio portion increasing in size and when I play it back it is louder, I delete the marker at the end of the audio speaking part and place the marker at the end of the song and save it, will I have the increased sound as part of the entire clip ?
Vibrations

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not save your thing open it again and find it out by your self?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand why you use markers, don't worry about that : just select the part you want to amplify then apply the volume boost and finally save (or save as if you are not sure!), it should work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1