Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free : generatosaur signal generator

Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Free : generatosaur signal generator Reply with quote

Hello,
For the electronicians or students, we have released a simple tool for using the computer+soundcard as a low frequency generator.
This is the very first version, feel free to try it, it's there :

http://www.wavosaur.com/generatosaur/
Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool :)

It is a good idea to add a button to balance left&right maybe more buttons average frequency or copy left and paste to right and reversely
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!
This is a very first version, we'll take all good suggestion to make this tool better
Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW reply in 5 minutes thats great Mr. Green
Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The white noise doesn't have frequency
2. A noise bank would be good
mishhh

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Feature request:) Reply with quote

First of all, super nice and uncomplicated tool:)

But can you add a check-box(or something else) to synchronize left and right automatically?

When I want to hear a frequency in both speakers, I have to enter it twice.

I can think of two methods to do this:
1. to create a check-box above both channels "Synchronize left and right" (or something). When checked, the second channel will be disabled.
2. to create the this check-box near second channel.

Thank you very much for this tool:)

PS.Besides this, it would be nice to have the possibility to play up to 3 frequencies in the same time, but this is an extra feature:P
possessed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, great software. don't think any other I've tryed comes near your version of a sound generator.
The way you've made it easy and yet very flexible for many options.

for my research I was hoping to test the effects of rapid frequency swapping/chaning.
Let me try to explain what I mean by that:

let's say you're listening to a frequency of 35hz on left ear, and 40 on the right. Then you want to change it to 70 and 80, at the same time as you cancel out the first one.
This can be achieved with your version already manualy at slow rates, however it's not possible to do it easly if you want to change the frequency faster then 1 time per second (1hz)(currently using a mouse bot for this). In adition it's pretty much imposible to make that effect even faster. imagine swapping from 35 and 40 to 70 and 80 at 20 times per second(20hz), or 200 times per second (200hz).
I have found noone doing studies on those rapid changes. Modes for swapping out the frequensies could be progressive or instant.

The UI would become alot bigger and advanced, especially if you want to add more then 1 change(for instant from 35 and 80 to 70 and 160 to 140 and 320 then back again at a spesific frequency). Althou it could stil keep your amazing style of simplicity.

Don't know how much intrest you have in further developing this, but if you do. I wouldn't know how to thank you (except for donations ofcourse).
Again thanks for an amazing tool.
Best regards a humble student.
frog farmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this great program is simple to use and is doing everything i need except running for 24 hours
if i attempt to run the test for 24 hours i wake in the morning to find it gone or closed. it is not idling in the back ground anywhere and requires re running to get it going again.

is this something the XP MSI lap top is doing ? a failing sound card?
a screensaver ??
Any ideas
Lyall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Generatosaur All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :