Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone tried the "replacer" vst? Help!

FoamieOmie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Has anyone tried the "replacer" vst? Help! Reply with quote

I am having trouble getting it to work. There are on/off buttons that won't turn on so I can't do anything with it. I can turn the knobs but without it being turned on that's not much good to me. Anyone else have this problem?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem in other VST hosts with this replacer plugin too, if we are talking about the same --> http://www.boxsounds.com/vst.html

Check the "processing" box and hit "play" it should work after that. I tested and it works fine. Tell me if this solves the problem
FoamieOmie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: I'll try it Reply with quote

I hit "processing" last night when I tried it (I am at work so I can't try it until lunch). I didn't hit play though. So it has to have the original signal before it will even let you turn it on?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This VST has the same behaviour in the other hosts i tested it. Once you've hit "play" it works.
FoamieOmie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: It works! Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in getting back about the test. It does work when you hit play. I tried it out (using a wave from my Roland V-Kit) and I got it to work. Havn't gotten around to tweaking it out yet as I am hoping to keep the live drums. I just wanted to try it and maybe use it. I could definately tell it was a sample so I may not use it for drums but there are other things I'm thinking of using it for.

I love Wavosaur and I'm sure I'll be asking more questions in the future although the program is very easy to get around in. Thanks for having it out there for us poor folk who need quality stuff to use!

Todd
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get good results with the replacer VST plugin, by adjusting the dry/wet signal and layering 3 or 4 samples on top of a snare :)

Feel free to ask any questions!
Maybe i should open a special section in the forum for all related stuff about VST effects and their use in Wavosaur.
FoamieOmie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Good idea Reply with quote

That would be a good place for people to help eachother find good ones and what the best settings are for each.

Todd
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'll add a bigger VST section, with subsections, about tips and production techniques, and for reporting a VST in case it doesnt' work, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> VST plugins talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :