Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello folks

hardplay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Hello folks Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hi, i learned about wavosaur at the Reaper forums,got curious so i decided to download it, now i'm trying it out. Seems lika a nice piece of software.

Just one quick question how come direct x plugins are not supported and will they be in the future?
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome hardplay

dx sounds like a dead format, we won't add native support for directX plugin, but you can use a wrapper, it works well in Wavosaur.

The freeware FFX-4 is a good VST-DX wrapper http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vb-audio/us/products/dxrack/dxrack.htm
hardplay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Welcome hardplay

dx sounds like a dead format, we won't add native support for directX plugin, but you can use a wrapper, it works well in Wavosaur.

The freeware FFX-4 is a good VST-DX wrapper http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vb-audio/us/products/dxrack/dxrack.htm

Hi Rex, thank you for the welcome, yes i know that DX isn't the future in audio processing and editing, but thousands of us still have high quality DX plugins that have baught in the past years that are still compatible. For example i still use my db-audioware suite for mastering and Reaper supports DX too,! Anyway it wouldn't take much to implement it as an option. But hey tht's just my 2 cents, the program looks good !

Thanks for the link, but i already have the wrapper Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :