Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make small file from big file

my2cnz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: How to make small file from big file Reply with quote

A total newbie here. Just downloaded wavosaur about 30 min ago. Looking at your tutorials, the fourth video that is titled 'how to make small file from big file' does not open. So, if you'd like to help me cut and save part of an .mp3 file into a new, smaller mp3 file it would be much appreciated.

What I am hoping to do is to cut out/trim? two sections of an .mp3 then combine them into a new, smaller .mp3. I've figured out how to 'loop' one section that I want but it doesn't allow me to loop two sections.
my2cnz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. I figured it out! Well, I figured how to cut out what I don't want and save the file. Then repeat that for save of second file. If there is a way to combine files please let me know.
poivre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use copy then paste : CTRL+C CTRL+V !
Wink
my2cnz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I made a short 1:37 min video for a friends birthday editing a Roberta Flack .mp3 that was FREE to download. A few hours after uploading it to facebook, facebook removed it notifying me of copyright violation! I can only guess they did so because of the 'edited, cut, cropped' song I added to the video.

I thought if the .mp3 was FREE to DOWNLOAD it was legal to use it. How the heck is one to know?
my2cnz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this software, is there a way to capture the audio from a video file I made long ago? I have a clip of a guy playing Happy Birthday on his trumpet who I stopped on the streets at Comic Con one year. I'd love to know how to retrieve just the audio portion of that short video; make my own .mp3 of that audio.
poivre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for capturing the audio output from video youtube etc.. you can follow this tutorial : http://blog.wavosaur.com/record-what-you-hear-in-audio-output/

Okayyyyyy
my2cnz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you much! It worked. Any way to share my masterpiece in this forum? It's small, just 1:37 :)
poivre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ! Very Happy
you can use dropbox or something like that for uploading your file
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :