Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increasing Volume on a WAV file

lgarde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Increasing Volume on a WAV file Reply with quote

I have WinXP. I have converted a CDA file to WAV and would now like to increase the volume of the file as the CDA file had a distortion filter placed on it and therefore has lost volume. Do I select Volume and increase the DB - Should I hear a difference when I select play? Is there a way to ensure I have not distorted the file - any other settings I should check? I obviously have never done this before so thanks for any help you can provide.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Wav dynamics volume increase Reply with quote

Hello lgarde,

To increase the volume of the entire file, you have to select all the file and then use Volume.
You can check for the distortion when playing with the VU METER : it has two "clipping LED" (red square on top on the vu meter)

depending on the dynamics of your file you may have not enough headroom for increasing the volume, is you are in this situation you have to use dynamic compression.

don't hesitate to ask in this forum if you want more informations about how to increase the overall loudness with dynamic effects in Wavosaur.
lgarde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to increase the volume slightly but as you mentioned, it does need more. Should I try this dynamic compression you mentioned and if so how do I do this or is there a better option to enhance this file?

Thank you again, I am amazed I got this far.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: compressor VST dynamics free Reply with quote

You can try with VST compressor ; http://www.wavosaur.com/vst/compressor-plugins.php

it 's very easy, load the VST effect in the Wavosaur VST rack and then use the threshold and make-up parameters to find the right balance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :