Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loop sample creation?

AorphiA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: loop sample creation? Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum and Wavosaur. I do have a question about loop sample creation. I've already read the flash tutorial on how to set up the loop, but I'm not sure if it will actually save it in a file as being a saved loop sample.

Can it do this, so that I can share looped samples with others and they will play indefinitely as looped samples?

One other thing I'd like to learn more about with the Wavosaur is, when creating the loop markers in a specific location in the later part of the sound file, how can I get it to play from the original starting point in the beginning of the sound file and then when it gets to the loop markers, it plays on through the loop markers and then repeats itself through the looped area. Does anyone have a clue how to do this?

Thank you for your time, efforts and consideration.

Respectfully,

AorphiA Very Happy
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum AorphiA

The loop informations are saved into .wav files, when you'll load the saved .wav files into a sampler, this sampler will recognize the loop.

The samplers work the way you describe : play the file from beginning until loop end then loop the playing loop end <-> loop start
Wavosaur, as an editor does not work the same way, it plays in loop the selection, and of course it's easy to set selection=loop (with double click)
AorphiA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
Welcome to the forum AorphiA

The loop informations are saved into .wav files, when you'll load the saved .wav files into a sampler, this sampler will recognize the loop.

The samplers work the way you describe : play the file from beginning until loop end then loop the playing loop end <-> loop start
Wavosaur, as an editor does not work the same way, it plays in loop the selection, and of course it's easy to set selection=loop (with double click)

Hello Rex,

I'm not sure if you and/or we are understanding each other. I'll try my best to give further details on what I am trying to accomplish with providing a detailed image below.

In other words, what I would like to do is loop a section towards the end of a sound file, but be able to save not only the looped area, but the very beginning of the original sound file itself.

If I am in the process of sound design and I have a sound with a beginning pluck, I would like to keep that pluck in the beginning, but also be able to loop an area toward the end of the sound file, so that when the sample is played, you hear the pluck once, but the remainder of the sound file will continue to loop itself without any additional beginning plucks.

Very Happy I really hope you can understand better what I am trying to accomplish.

Please let me know if this can be done and if so...

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could give further details on how to do this, as this is most important to me, with the use of Wavosaur.

Please keep in mind, I do understand how to create the kind of loop you were explaining. I am trying to create a loop that is a bit more special.

Thank you for your time, efforts and consideration.

Respectfully,

AorphiA
http://myspace.com/aorphia
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i import a looped sound (as shown in the picture) in a sampler (software sampler like VSampler or Highlife VST for example) it works the way you describe : it plays from the beginning (=1rst start , no need to set a marker at beginning) and then loop the area marked with the loop points

Some samplers fades the loop when releasing, some jump after the loop end when releasing, some samplers recognize the type of loop (you can set in Wavosaur : forward, backward or alternate) and some samplers just play the loop forward everytime.

We haven't implemented a "sampler mode playing" in Wavosaur yet, the reason is we don't want to have 4 ou 5 differenet "play buttons" in the playbar! We maybe add this kind of feature (but as a switchable option)

Tell me if this help!

AorphiA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex wrote:
When i import a looped sound (as shown in the picture) in a sampler (software sampler like VSampler or Highlife VST for example) it works the way you describe : it plays from the beginning (=1rst start , no need to set a marker at beginning) and then loop the area marked with the loop points

Some samplers fades the loop when releasing, some jump after the loop end when releasing, some samplers recognize the type of loop (you can set in Wavosaur : forward, backward or alternate) and some samplers just play the loop forward everytime.

We haven't implemented a "sampler mode playing" in Wavosaur yet, the reason is we don't want to have 4 ou 5 differenet "play buttons" in the playbar! We maybe add this kind of feature (but as a switchable option)

Tell me if this help!

I will try and explain myself again, using a different image as an example, because you appear to be only talking about just the looped area and I want to be able to save more than just the looped area as one file.

example image provide below...

If this can be done, please explain how I am able to save everything (non looped and looped) to one file.

Thanks,

AorphiA Very Happy
http://myspace.com/aorphia
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AorphiA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Rex... Reply with quote

Rex wrote:

I appreciate all your help and efforts.

Thanks, Very Happy

AorphiA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :