Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie trouble with audio configuration

metalmongrel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Newbie trouble with audio configuration Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to Wavosaur but am very experienced with other professional recording platforms. I am trying to record audio straight from my soundcard into wavosaur; however, when I configure the audio inputs and outputs correctly in the audio config menu, I cannot get any audio into Wavosaur. No audio shows up on the VU monitor meter nor recordings.

I took a screenshot of the setup but just realized I can't upload pictures into this post... Here's what I have.

Audio Out device = PreSonus Fire Studio (my soundcard/interface)
Buffer Size Sample = 256
Sample Rate = 44,100
ASIO box = checked (although I tried it with it unchecked and it didn't work either).

Audio In device = PreSonus Fire Studio (my soundcard/interface)
Buffer Size Sample = 256
Sample Rate = 44,100

On my soundcard configuration, I have:
Buffer Size Sample = 256
Sample Rate = 44,100

I'm running windows XP (32 bit) and all my drivers and hardware are also set up for 32-bit.

Any idea why I wouldn't be seeing the audio come into Wavosaur? Everything appears to be correct. Thank you!

[/img]
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

this is strange!

what happens if you load a wav file and press "play" ?
do you get an error message ?

do you also have an error message when activating the input monitoring? (menu->record->monitor input)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :