Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem opening multiple files

xpander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Problem opening multiple files Reply with quote

I just tried Wavosaur again, after some break. Did good job opening batches of small sample files, copying and pasting etc.

But trying to open more than 18 files at once doesn't work at all. The files in question are all about 1.32 seconds long 30kHz WAVs.

Workaround is easy enough, simply choose 18 files or less at any single moment, and if more files need to be opened, open them on second run. The screen seems to be able to handle way more files at once, it's just opening them at the same time from the same folder that seems to be a problem.

I quess it's not regular way of working either, but with samplers there's sometimes need for quite a bunch of files to be open there.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Wavosaur is it ?

that's strange, i can open more than 18 files at once without problems.
xpander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is kinda strange. I tried again today, just to see if it's still acting like that and sure enough, 18 files open nicely at once but not 19 or more.

My Wavosaur version is 1.0.4.0., the latest one. Current puter is an Asus F7L laptop, T2390 dual core, running WinXP Professional.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not easy to fix that problem, i can't reproduce it.
is there a single file i all the file that has a "weird" format : a file that Wavosaur can't open may stop the import of all the other files maybe
xpander

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, got away for awhile.

Ahm, no, there are no other (weird) files in these folders that I've been testing...just the wavs that I try to open. Trying it again right now, exactly the same thing; I can select and open 18 files at once, not more.

I can open additional files after those 18 are open on Wavosaur.

For a moment I thought it might have something to do with USB since I've been running Wavosaur from stick, but no, the same thing happens if I run it from PC.

I surely understand its hard to find anything to fix if you can't even reproduce the problem. Which is funny because I can do it constantly here. Works everytime, without a fail, err...I mean... Wink
Wavosaur Main Developer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it always the case with the new version (1.0.5.0)?
http://www.wavosaur.com
xpander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just noticed that you have a new version up. After a quick test; I can now open multiple files without any problems. Nice fix!

Thank you for the update, and your continuing work on this great little editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :