Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Level

stron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Recording Level Reply with quote

I am really new to this type of audio editing and am trying to get some of my vynil onto my harddrive to put onto my MP3 player. The volume on my records is different from each other. How do you set the recording level for each recording please? Ive looked at everything, I think? and cant seem to find anything to vary the level. Its probably obvious to someone else!!! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sad Sad
jonty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stron,

I'm assuming you are using WinXP here :)

You will have to go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Audio tab, Sound Recording, Volume.

That will open a window which will show you a master volume control and several sub controls.

You will want to mute everything but Line In to keep noise to a minimum.

You can then adjust the volume with the Line In slider and the Master slider.

If you would like any more tips you can take a look at my website about ripping vinyl, I have some information there that might prove useful to you.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=356552&ck=
stron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Recording level Reply with quote

Thanks Jonty. Worked a treat, now I'm not overdriving at all. Wonderful, what a little knowledge can!! Very Happy Very Happy Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :