Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using wavosaur in own small project?

zioschild

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: using wavosaur in own small project? Reply with quote

Hi

I'm currently wrinting a small internet radio player which connects to live365.com. I know they already have a player but it is not usable as non-vip, so I decided to reverse engineer it (analysing stream and wrapping an own gui). Now I'm thinking about a recording-functionallity. But because of missing "song-start" and "-end" markers in the stream I would like to combine recording with a type of "post-recording-editing".
Then I found your wavosaur. Respect: small and easy to use with a build in mp3-exporter - exactly what I need.

Now here my question:
Can i integrate wavosaur in my playerbundle? The player is not available at the moment for other people than a couple of friends of mine (beta-tester Wink ) and me but i want to upload the player to my website (which is still under construction as well) FOR FREE USE.

If you agree, please send me your terms of integration.
Also if you don't agree, just send me a short notice.

Many thanks.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Normally there should be no problem with that but i can't give a definitive answer for the moment.

The recording in Wavosaur in something that we have not optimized, and we are also discussing at the moment about a simple tool application (a simple recorder, without editing features) and i think this kind of app would fit your project perfectly.

Last edited by Rex on Sat May 17, 2008 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zioschild

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no - I don't want to use the recording-functionallity of Wavosaur. My player record's itself to an temporary wave-file (because of prebuffering some seconds to close the gap between identifying the track and pressing record and the current playtime).

My intention was to call wavosaur with the temp-wav-file as commandline-parameter, primary to edit the recorded wave (cut, normalize, export to mp3).

I already tested it - it works fine (on my computer) - but to make this release of my player official, I need your bless for integrating wavosaur in my setup-pakage. Wink

regards
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works that's fine
you can use Wavosaur in your package
Just don't forget to give a link to the Wavosaur website in your "EULA" or "readme.txt" or documentation or other.
zioschild

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

I'll do so.

Many thanks.

Regards zioschild
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :