Wavosaur home Wavosaur
Wavosaur free audio editor support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavosaur will not open my audio files

D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Wavosaur will not open my audio files Reply with quote

Hi there -- I just downloaded Wavosaur after reading good reviews about it online. I also just signed up for i-Tunes and bought and downloaded my first song. The reason I downloaded Wavosaur was specifically to edit the song I just bought from i-Tunes, but Wavosaur will not open the file. In fact, when I click on "open" in Wavosaur and go to the folder that has that song, the song is not even listed as an option, nor are several others that are in that folder! What is going on, and how do I fix this?
If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. I am not highly technological, so please answer in layman's terms if possible. Thank you!
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome

What is the format of the song you have downloaded from iTunes ?
Wavosaur can open mp3, wav, aiff, but we have not yet added support for .wma or .aac
D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. The song from i-Tunes is MPEG-4. If Wavosaur cannot open this, then is there a way that I can change it into a file that it can open?

Or, is there a free download-able music editing program that will open and edit it?
I only need to do the most simple things, like cutting out a part in the middle or fading the song out before the end, nothing fancy.
thanks for any help you can give me.
Rex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't you choose another format when downloading ?
or just convert it to wav or mp3 : http://www.online-convert.com/
D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I could have chosen a different format when downloading from i-Tunes, but never having used i-Tunes before I did not know that (and still don't know if I can, or how to do it if I can),
and never having used Wavosaur before I had no idea it only opens certain kinds of files.
Thanks very much for the converter link.....I will try that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wavosaur Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Other topics :